|Home > Research > Clinical Trials and Research Services > Clinical Pathology Research Services > Clinical Laboratory Testing
Clinical Laboratory Testing
There are numerous clinical laboratories within the Clinical Pathology department, including: Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology, Immunology, Clinical Chemistry, Toxicology, and Transfusion Medicine.
We are certified by the Federal Government under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA), and are fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the American Association of Blood Banks.
Our Pathology Laboratory Services Catalog is easily accessible online.
Why should investigators utilize Clinical Pathology for their testing needs?
- Convenient access to 24hr/day specimen processing and testing
- Improved Turn-Around Time for testing and results
- Results available by secure Cerner access, auto-fax or campus mail
- Competitive pricing based on volume
- Critical value notification
- Consultation services by board-certified pathologists and laboratory directors
- Faculty support with investigator or sponsor-specific protocol development
- Customized billing to the VCU department or pharmaceutical sponsor
- Utilization reporting and data management upon request