Call Client Services 804-828-PATH (828-7284); 1-800-363-9234
Dermatopathology Services offers expert skin biopsy interpretation and consultation in the diagnosis of benign and malignant dermatologic diseases. We utilize the most advanced technologies available including light microscopy (LM), immunohistochemistry, and immunofluorescence (IF).
Dermatopathology Services are provided by two physicians, each board-certified in Dermatopathology and Dermatology, who specialize in clinico-pathological correlation to provide optimal interpretation of each patient's biopsy.
- Routine H+E, special stains and immunohistochemistry when necessary
- IF utilizing a full battery of fluorescein-tagged antisera (IgA, IgG, IgM, C3, fibrinogen)
- Dermatopathology requisition forms
- Formalin-filled containers will be supplied upon request for routine tissue samples
- IF fixative (Michel's medium) for immunofluoresence studies will be supplied upon request.
A dermatopathology requisition form with clinical history and a differential diagnosis must accompany the specimen(s). Please include the ICD9 code.
Please contact Client Services 804-828-PATH (828-7284); 1-800-363-9234 for assistance with the requisition form and detailed information about transportation & specimen handling.
The Anatomic Pathology Receiving area is located at the MCV campus in the Gateway Building, 1200 E. Marshall Street, 6th floor.
For further inquiry contact Anatomic Pathology at (804) 828-9739.